Monmouth Ocean Regional REALTORS®
This Confidentiality Policy (Policy) is adopted in order to ensure matters which are to remain known only to certain persons affiliated with the Monmouth Ocean Regional REALTORS® (Association) are kept that way. Monmouth Ocean Regional REALTORS® members and staff are frequently involved in proceedings or actions that involve information that should be kept private. The purpose of this Policy is to define and set forth what information that is and to inform members and staff of procedures to be followed to ensure confidentiality.
The Policy is applicable to all members of the Monmouth Ocean Regional REALTORS® who serve in voluntary governance positions. Voluntary governance positions include all members of the Executive Personnel Committee, Board of Directors, Committees, Sub-Committees, Adhocs, and Task Forces.
Confidential Information includes but is not limited to any information pertaining to Monmouth Ocean Regional REALTORS®’ matters of competition, current or anticipated operations, Human Resources, procedures, Third-Party relationships and agreements, work product, and personal identification information. Some examples of Confidential Information are:
- Information related to any previous, current or anticipated Professional Standards proceedings (including Ombudsman, Mediation, Ethics and Arbitration programs)
- Information related to Professional Development programs and the creation of such programs that are specifically identified as confidential
- Information related to the development of any artwork, marketing material, graphic design, and other printed material used by the Association, its staff and members
- Information concerning the process used to create and publish the Association magazine, newsletters, podcasts and any other communication tool utilized by the Association
- Information related to vendor contracts and any proprietary information learned by the Association in obtaining and fulfilling its obligations pursuant to vendor contracts
- Any information related to government affairs and political involvement programming of the Association not otherwise required to be made public (e.g. process used to determine campaign contributions, discussions surrounding decisions for campaign contributions and endorsements, and membership data, etc.)
- Information pertaining to the process used to create and publish the Association Forms Library that is specifically identified as confidential
- Information related to personnel decisions (e.g. hiring, firing, promotion, reprimand, salary increases, etc.)
- Information related to the identity of any individual such as date of birth, social security number, tax ID number or other private/secure information
- Financial information including credit card numbers, account numbers and other finance related instruments
- Information obtained pursuant to closed meetings of Association Committees, Board of Directors of Executive Committee Meetings.
- Any other information not generally known that if disseminated could be reasonably expected to adversely affect the Association
General Non-Disclosure of Confidential Information
At no time shall an Association member disclose Confidential Information unless expressly permitted to do so at the discretion or direction of the CEO of Monmouth Ocean Regional REALTORS®. Further, unless expressly permitted to do so, at no time shall an Association member make copies of confidential information except as may be required in the performance of the person’s job duties or voluntary governance position duties.
From time to time, it may be necessary or required for meetings of Monmouth Ocean Regional REALTORS® leadership (i.e. certain committees, Executive Committee, Board of Directors) to be held in executive session. The proceedings of these meetings are confidential in nature and shall not be disclosed to individuals who were not present at the meeting.
Any information discussed at a meeting held in executive session or documents that are disseminated are to remain or documents that are disseminated are to remain confidential and may not be shared with anyone not in attendance.
Members of the Association frequently provide information to the Association related to membership requirements of the National Association of REALTORS®, New Jersey REALTORS® as well as information regarding contributions to the REALTORS® Political Action Committee. Any information provided to the Association for these limited purposes shall be deemed confidential and may not be shared with any other member of the Association or with Association staff holding position to which the information would not be relevant.
By agreeing to serve in an Association voluntary governance position, each Applicable Person agrees to abide by the terms of this policy. Applicable Personals also acknowledge that Confidential Information learned or discovered during the course of the person’s affiliation with the Association is the sole property of the Association and further agrees to leave any hard copies containing Confidential Information in the possession of the Association upon either the end of the Applicable Person’s affiliation with the Association or the end fo the person’s service in a voluntary governance position.
As a condition of the service to hold a position of service on the Board of Directors, Executive/Personnel Committee, any Standing Committee, Special Committee, Sub-Committee, Task Force or Adhoc of the Monmouth Ocean Regional REALTORS®, members are required to sign the following statement:
Monmouth Ocean Regional REALTORS®
Confidentiality Policy Acknowledgement
By agreeing to serve in an Association voluntary governance position, I agree to abide by the terms in the Confidentiality Policy of the Monmouth Ocean Regional REALTORS®. I also acknowledge that Confidential Information learned or discovered during the course of my affiliation with Monmouth Ocean Regional REALTORS® is the sole property of Monmouth Ocean Regional REALTORS® and further agree to leave any hard copies containing Confidential Information in the possession of Monmouth Ocean Regional REALTORS® upon the end of my service in a voluntary governance position.